We like to welcome all our new patients for an initial consultation with one of our friendly clinicians.
The first visit to a new dentist is important for both you, as the patient (to ensure you are happy with your ongoing dental care), and for the dentist (to ensure we meet your needs and expectations).
We will get to know you as a person, understand what your needs and dental goals are, and take your previous dental history to paint the overall picture about you.
If you are worried about visiting a dentist, please do not hesitate to let our receptionist know. We understand going to the dentist can be scary for some patients and we will endeavour to make each appointment enjoyable, comfortable and stress free. Don’t suffer in silence, let us know so we can accommodate for your needs.
The new patient examination will take around 20-30 minutes and will include:
- Take a full medical and dental history
- Check the health of your mouth, teeth and gums and recording the information on your record on our computer system
- Checking the jaw joint for any functional issues
- Oral cancer screening
- X-rays (as required)
- Discuss your current oral hygiene routine and advise how to improve (if there is room for improvement)
- Discuss proposed treatment* (if any is required) and explain the options available to you
* If there is a proposed treatment we will provide an itemised estimate of the planned treatment with a schedule of appointment times so you can plan your treatment around your diary.
If you would like to find out more about our practice, please do not hesitate to call us. Our friendly receptionists are on hand and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you to our practice.